Sunday, July 5, 2009

Compilation of Errors Succeeded

This was just another cloudy Saturday morning. My friend Sami had asked me to join in for a gallivanting session. Agenda was simple, from her place to a boutique,then buy some Saree's for her mom while I help her choose some shirt material for her dad. Then disperse. And so it happened as planned. It wasn't even half a day, and all this was done. Thinking about the boring other half of the day, I just rode back my home where I saw my room mates rush out to have lunch and come back before they vanished again, leaving my thoughts as blank as they've not been in recent past.What with rides and visits home, it was quite packed weekends I had for quite a while. Meanwhile I got messages from Sami, blaming me for not picking both the shirt pieces. Apparently the one I chose was liked by her dad.


Hours past, till about 7, when I get a frantic call from Sami asking me if I could book train tickets for her parents to Kerala for the evening train. On hearing her tone, I was kinda worried. I immediately stopped all the activities I was trying to accomplish over the internet and got stuck on irctc. My mind was in a state of emergency and could only think of getting tickets for the next day. Logged on to the ever (un)reliable irctc site. Saw last 2 tickets for next day at 615hrs. Booked it right away while Sami was still listening to all the blabber I was telling her about the tickets and train details which only included the train number. Happy to have accomplished the task, the next was to get the tickets printed. So I went to the cafe , got the tickets printed and sent the confirmation message to Sami. Till about 9, things seem perfectly alright when I get a call again from Sami. This time enquiring about the time of the train. Amused at her query, I went in to check the time. Wait, didn't I mention 615hrs. Its in the morning and I was thinking its in the evening. Shocked at my carelessness,I started cursing myself. I guess Murphy's law was trying to make its perfect day on me. To make amends to my mistake, I decided to go and check for ticket availability, this time for a train that's in the evening. With my eye's wide open for the departure time, I was glad to find more than sufficient tickets available for the next day. I call up Sami to inform this, got a confirmation from her end to book those tickets if available. I did that promptly and I was happy again. But only momentarily. Sami, requested me to cancel the other two tickets.That's when I realized that its a tatkal. Perfect, I said to myself. Trying not to think of the blunder already made, I decided to go hand over both the tickets to her. All the while, cursing and talking to myself I rode all the way to her place only to realize that I hadn't taken the evening train tickets printout which her parents planned to take finally!!!


It has to be the best comedy of errors that has happened to me in my very long memory. I looked up to Gods, as if to ask, is there something more in store? By this, the time was already around 1100 oops 2300hrs. Knowing we wont find any internet cafe's nearby to take the other ticket printed, I decided to just come back home before being shot by someone.

4 comments:

newatthis said...

ha ha ha now u know how crazy my life gets!!

Nish said...

Wow! Perfect title for the post.

Diwakar said...

Good job done ;) Try to it better the next time !!

Mridul Raj said...

@Nish: Dude, I am not as nerdy as you are!! :-D

@Diwakar: Thanks for the wishes, I ll try, but I dont think I can better this anytime soon. :-)