Saturday, July 14, 2007

Almost your devils advocate!!

After the zafrani pulav, I hope you got enough insight into whats going on with me these days. Well the idea was that I don't want to be posting serious posts always. This time around, I have decided to write something up which is a serious question I ask myself always.

Take a look around. How happy are you being at where you are? Thats the question one should keep asking oneself all through his life? That makes the fire ignite in you. That makes the person ambitious and that make a person successful. In this world though it is not possible for everyone to be happy. Because what make you happy need not necessarily make someone else happy. The sheer difference in interest makes it an impossible task. So, is there an middle path this? I wonder. If everything were to be perfect, there wouldn't be any competition, there wouldn't be any reasons for dis heartening. Seemingly impossible as it might, an adjustment needs to be accommodated for getting the middle path devised. Its as simple as no two similar poles can be together. The alignment in this case is for individual happiness, and when you try to pacify opposing interests, its going to be a very very difficult job. Be it enmity between nations, be it sectarian conflict, be it racism, be it anything that is wanting to dominance.

In the end, our happiness is at someone else's loss in some way or the other. But can we actually do anything . Let me rephrase that, would we want something like that to happen that we sacrifice our happiness for others.?If it were insignificant to one's life, it would definitely not matter. It all comes down to how humble you are in your life? Humble people dont really care much about what others think about them and they seek happiness in the most insignificant of things in life. Hence being successful and humble becomes that much difficult at the same time. The people who want to be successful are the ones whom I see as people who divide the lot wider. The more persons who aspire to be successful are bound to make decisions that hurt the weaker sections interests. This leads to disparity and conflicts and in turn competetion. Some people thrive on this. Like blood thirsty animals.

So the question remains, what do you want to be? A blood thirsty animal or a monk? Thats a question which will decide how we would mould ourselves in our lives. Perhaps a median between these to ways of life is the ideal answer. But hey its a matter of choice. You make your own ways.

5 comments:

Rat said...

life demands a mix of extremism and "the opposite of that word"
Learn that trick from me ;-)
At times, I keep wondering do I have dual personality ? But then I nod this doubt off.. I dont have dual personality. I 'suffer' from multiple personality. A boon? To be able to mould into different shapes as per the situation. Arent we all like that? Think !

AruV said...

good one keep blogging buddy.
:)

Sandeep Kulkarni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandeep Kulkarni said...

Sandeep Kulkarni said...

Nice one dude ,,, i am still thinking and thinking ,, I find this post contradictory if I put myself in picture. Coz I am trying to be humble. Does is indicate I am parting ways with success?? I dont know ,, will sure find out during the days to come. But for now I can say keep it up !

Mridul Raj said...

thanx to all for your honest opinions.. this is a debatable topic.. so i understand not everyone will buy into my thoughts..

cheers :)